COLUR TIP : How to minimise shedding
Here are some tips on how to minimise your hair from shedding.
Every hair will shed however, there are a few ways to minimise the risk of losing all your beautiful luscious locks.
- Brush hair gently (using a wide tooth / afro comb), from bottom to top.
- Always condition after washing this will help to keep the hair nourished and full of life.
- Avoid bleaching the knots on wigs and closures. Although bleached knots can look more realistic, it causes the hair to snap at the roots due to dryness from bleaching. Your wigs or closures is more likely to shed if it has been bleached causing it to only last a short period of time.
- When applying heat to your hair, use a heat protector.
- Try minimising how much heat you apply to your hair or use your straighteners or curlers on low heat.
- Let your hair dry naturally, instead of blow-drying.